In areas with desert climates like Arizona, fiberglass is a popular choice of door material for its impressive durability. If you’re considering replacing your old or ineffective front door with a fiberglass door, it’s essential to understand the benefits and drawbacks.
Today, our Arizona door experts are breaking down the pros and cons of fiberglass doors. By the time you’ve finished reading this blog post, you will have everything you need to make an informed decision. If you still have questions after reading, contact our team to speak with a professional about which door material is right for you.
Pros of Fiberglass Doors
Fiberglass doors come with many advantages, which is why they are among the most sought-after types of exterior doors in Arizona. Here are some of the most impressive benefits of fiberglass doors to keep in mind:
- Versatility. With fiberglass doors, you can easily customize the color and finish to suit your preference and home style.
- Durability. This type of door is known to be among the most durable door materials. Fiberglass can hold up against dents, rust, and scratches better than most other materials. Because of this, fiberglass doors require little maintenance.
- Energy-efficiency. Fiberglass is one of the most energy-efficient door materials on the market, making it a great choice for anyone looking to save money in the long run on their energy bills.
Cons of Fiberglass Doors
While there are many positive aspects of choosing fiberglass doors for your home, it’s important to consider the potential drawbacks before making your choice. Here are some of the factors to keep in mind:
- Price. You pay for what you get, so it shouldn’t come as much of a shock that fiberglass doors are on the more expensive side in comparison to other door materials like wood.
- Size. While many materials are easy to customize based on the size of your entryway, fiberglass is incredibly difficult to trim down if you need a custom size.
- Installation. With some types of doors, you can install them on your own without too much of a challenge. That’s not the case with fiberglass doors. If you choose to opt for a fiberglass door, you will need a professional installer to install it.
Best Arizona Windows and Doors
Are you in the market for a new exterior door in Phoenix? Whether you’re looking for a style upgrade or need something more durable and secure, K&J Windows is here for you. As Arizona’s leading provider of windows and doors, our team has helped hundreds of homeowners in the Phoenix area with their home improvement projects.
If you’re still not quite sure which type of door is right for you, our door experts can help you decide based on your unique needs and budget. Contact us today to request a consultation with a local professional.